Business Entities/Commercial Transactions
Business entities and commercial transactions, including business entity formation, buy-sell, partnership and operating agreements, mergers and acquisitions, business succession planning, joint ventures, contracts and employer/employee matters.
Real Estate Transactions
Real estate transactions, including acquisition, financing, leasing, easements and construction law, as well as issues relating to property title and title insurance.
Estate planning and probate, including wills, trusts, powers of attorney, estate and income tax planning and probate administration.
Our litigation practice group has an emphasis in the following areas:
- Business contract and tort disputes, such as misappropriation of trade secrets, violations of non-compete agreements, and misappropriation of business opportunities;
- Real estate-related litigation such as disputes over contracts, easements and other land rights, as well as foreclosures and commercial evictions;
- Construction disputes and surety bond litigation;
- Real estate brokerage and licensing issues;
- Constitutional litigation, especially in the areas of free-speech and campaign finance; and
- Wrongful death, personal injury and medical malpractice.
Labor & Employment/Workers Compensation
Labor and employment related matters including representing and advising individuals and small to mid-sized businesses with respect to statutory claims and issues under ADEA, Title VII, ADA, FMLA, FLSA and other federal and state statutes; contract negotiation; non-compete agreements; company handbooks; union matters including grievances; unemployment compensation; and workers’ compensation.
Real Estate Property Tax Appeals
Our goal is to minimize your property tax expense through our understanding of the local real estate markets and our expertise in the property valuation, property tax review, and property tax appeal processes.